Wednesday, August 22, 2007

SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL


Because I think there is beauty all around us, I am going to try to post something every day that I think is beautiful. I hope you agree with my choices. Today, I'm being a bit self-laudatory and posting a fragment of a small oil painting I did. My friend Linda calls it my "best rose ever"; she has seen my early endeavors so she has something to compare this one with. To put it mildly, the first ones I did were bad . I started painting simply because I wanted to paint roses and quickly found that painting roses in oil is very difficult. But, this winter, I will continue trying. I do not particularly like the other elements of this painting, so you won't get to see the whole picture, but enjoy the pretty pink rose. "But only God can make a (real) rose?"

No comments: